Chicago’s Home and Business Protection Program (HBPP) provides rebates to help cover the costs of outdoor security cameras, outdoor motion sensor lighting, vehicle GPS trackers, and more. All Chicago businesses, residents, and non-profit organizations can take advantage of the program. Reimbursements are available for devices purchased on or after June 6, 2022.
The HBPP provides rebates up to certain limits that cover the costs of:
- Outdoor security cameras
- One year of cloud storage for video footage
- Outdoor motion sensor lighting
- Vehicle GPS trackers
- Related subscription costs
- Applicants must be an owner or tenant of a property used as a primary residence, business, religious institution, or nonprofit organization within the City of Chicago OR own or lease a vehicle registered to a primary address within the City of Chicago.
- Applicants must provide documentation that verifies proof of purchase, showing a date of purchase on or after 6/6/2022.
- Applicants must install the device(s) and provide a photo showing the installed device(s).
Anyone who meets the eligibility criteria below may receive reimbursement for:
- Up to $225 per camera (cost of camera and tax only) for a max of 2 cameras, or a total $450 reimbursement
- one year of subscription costs for cloud-based video storage systems (max of $150 per annual subscription)
- Up to $100 per light (cost of light and tax only) for a max of 2 lights, or a total $200 reimbursement
- Up to $50 per vehicle GPS tracking device (cost device and tax only) for a max of 2 devices, or a total $100 reimbursement
- one year of subscription costs for GPS tracking apps (as required for use by the vehicle GPS tracking device manufacturer) up to $120.
The Home & Business Protection Program is first-come, first-serve. It will run through December 31, 2024, or until funds are depleted, whichever comes first. For more information, visit chicago.gov/HBPP.