The Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce and SSA #31’s Ravenswood Façade Rebate Program encourages local small businesses and property owners to improve the physical appearance of their storefronts
By providing local businesses and property owners financial assistance, these programs improve the appearances of the neighborhood buildings, resulting in increased attractiveness, business retention and marketability.
Façade Rebate Program
One of the storefront improvement programs that we offer is the Ravenswood Façade Rebate Program. This program encourages local small businesses and property owners to improve the physical appearance of their storefronts. By improving the physical appearance of storefronts, the program strengthens Ravenswood’s standing as a commercial destination for shoppers from across the city. This funding assists local small business owners looking to upgrade, preserve or restore their storefronts while also aiding those who would not otherwise be able to complete aesthetically beneficial projects.
Businesses interested in the Facade Rebate program must be within the published SSA #31 boundaries. Eligible projects can receive a rebate of up to 50% of the total cost, with a maximum rebate of $5,000.
Application Process & Requirements
To apply for the Façade Rebate Program, you must complete the application form. Once completed, the application is reviewed by the SSA Commission. If the application has been approved, you will be notified with an approval letter. Construction should be complete within 180 days of the issuance of the permit. After the project is complete, you must notify the SSA of its completion. We will then issue you the rebate!
- Applications for the program are considered in the order they are received until all available funds have ben distributed for that fiscal year.
- Prior to beginning construction, you must receive an approval letter from the Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce. If you begin work on the project without written approval, you will not be eligible for the program.
- Rebates are given only after all work has been approved, completed and paid for, and all documentation has been received by the Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce.
- All proposed improvements must meet the design guidelines set forth in facade rebate program document and are subject to review and approval by the SSA #31’s commission.
Façade Rebate Application Prep-List
- A completed application form, including the Summary of Costs Estimates and signed statement of understanding
- $50 non-refundable application fee (credit card, check, or money order)
- Photographs of the existing building and the proposed project area
- Detailed plans and specifications for the proposed project
- Detailed cost estimates from at least three contractors for each improvement task
- Owner’s deed and tenant’s lease, if applicable
- Current lien report policy showing the property is free of liens (except mortgage liens)
- Certificate of Good Standings from the state of Illinois
- Any applicable permits form the city
- Written consent from and contact information for the property owner, if the applicant is not the owner.
Storefront Improvements In Action
Past Façade Rebates Issued
2020: $9,000+ awarded
- Beyond Design
- Dollop Coffee
2018: $15,000+ awarded
- Hayes Properties – Ravensgoods, Foremost Cleaners, T Salon
- Ravenswood Nail Party
2017: $6,636.50 awarded
- Spoken Cafe
- Suvarna Chiropractic
2016: $5,976.57 awarded
- Anna’s Asian Grill & Sushi
- Empirical Brewery
- Kinetic Lofts
2015: $9,650 awarded
- Band of Bohemia
- Japanese American Service Committee
- Michael Hart
- Salon Elan Vital