- May 18, 2023
- 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Member: FREE
- Non-member: FREE
- Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce
- The Hatchery, 135 N Kedzie Ave, Chicago IL 60612
Attention Chicago workers: Join us at The Hatchery for a City-Wide Job Fair featuring a wide range of Chicago-based manufacturers!
Are you ready to start a new career? Come to a job fair at The Hatchery on Thursday, May 18! This event will provide an excellent opportunity for job seekers and those wishing to explore a career in manufacturing. You’ll have the chance to meet face-to-face with manufacturing companies that are hiring right now!
Participating Businesses and Organizations
- Addus Home Care
- Aztec Plastic Company
- Cannabis Equity Illinois Coalition
- Casa Central
- Chicago Department of Children and Family Services
- Christian Community Health Center
- D-4 Solutions
- Fifth Third Bank
- Franciscan Outreach
- Freedman Seating Company
- Greater West Town
- Illinois Department of Children & Family Services
Why Choose a Career in Manufacturing?
- High Salary Potential, Plus Benefits – In Chicago, wages for industrial workers average $85,000 annually, including benefits
- Manufacturing Jobs Are Stable – The manufacturing industry employs roughly 13 million American workers. According to US Census data, manufacturing is among the top five employers in the United States.
- Manufacturing Jobs Offers Transferable Skills – Manufacturing is increasingly high-tech and trains workers in cutting-edge, transferable skills.
- There are Opportunities for Workers in Need of Training AND High-Skill Workers – Regardless of your skill level, there are career pathways for you in manufacturing. Advancements in the industry have increased demand for skilled workers who have completed post-secondary training or certification programs. There are also a number of free job training programs available, like Jane Addam’s Resource Corporation’s free Careers in Manufacturing, that can prepare you for a successful and rewarding career.
The City-Wide Manufacturing Job Fair is presented by North Branch Works, Industrial Council of Nearwest Chicago, Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce, Lawndale Business Renaissance Association, Calumet Industrial Commission, Greater Northwest Development Corp, Back of the Yards Neighborhood Council, Greater Southwest Development Corp, Central States SER, and the Chicago Department of Planning & Development.