Small businesses need you now more than ever. Many of our favorite neighborhood restaurants, bars, and distillers are still open for business. If you are able, please support them by ordering online, purchasing gift cards, or donating to support staff.
Tips for Supporting Small Businesses
- Get Social (Online): Comment on or share local businesses’ social media. Let your friends know when you make a purchase online, or order a delicious meal. At a time when marketing dollars are hard to come by for small businesses, YOU can be their biggest online advocates.
- Order Online: If you have the means, consider delivery, pick-up or online shopping options from your fave restaurants and retailers. We have created a list of who has gift cards, who is offering curbside pick-up, and which breweries are delivering!
- Virtual Tips: Staff at our favorite restaurants, pubs, breweries, and bakeries are hurting right now. We’ve compiled a running list of crowdfunding campaigns so it’s easy to support those who take care of us when we’re out for fun. If you have the means, please consider donations or virtual tips.
- Let’s Play Tag: Thinking of your favorite business? Tag them and let them know! Sharing a post about Ravenswood? Tag GRCC (Facebook | Instagram) so we can share the love! We want to use our social media feeds to highlight how our neighborhood is coming together.
- Job Leads: If you become aware of employment opportunities, let us know so that we can share them with affected businesses and staff.
- Help Your Neighbors: The impacts of COVID-19 are far reaching. Local food pantries can’t accommodate many volunteers, yet the need for their service grows daily. Ravenswood’s small business community are supporters of these pantries and their ability to keep supporting has been stretched thin. If you have the means, please make donations directly to Ravenswood Community Services, The Friendship Center, and Common Pantry.
Shop Local, Browse our Member Business Directory
The Chamber’s Business Directory is a great resource for residents looking to support local businesses.