- February 8, 2023
- 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Member: FREE w/ RSVP
- Non-member: FREE w/ RSVP
- 1415 N Cherry Ave, Chicago IL 60642
Join us for a mayoral forum about the state of industry in Chicago. Mayoral candidates will have a chance to respond publicly to questions about how their platforms impact industrial policy and local manufacturers. The event will be moderated by Juan González of Democracy Now!.
The forum runs from 2-4pm, with a reception to follow. Registration is free and is required to attend.
- The Manufacturing sector represents 11% of Chicago’s GDP
- Industrial wages average $85,000 annually including benefits
- Each manufacturing job generates 6 other jobs
- There are 50,000+ unfilled manufacturing jobs in the region
- Industrial policy impacts all aspects of city life, including the economy and job growth, housing affordability, neighborhood stability, sustainability, and public safety.