Packed with unique shops, delicious food, skilled artists and friendly people, Ravenswood is a delightful place to explore this holiday season for those seeking thoughtful, out of the ordinary gifts. Below you’ll find details about our annual holiday shopper rewards program Unwrap Ravenswood, where you can earn $75 in gift cards to neighborhood businesses just for shopping local! You’ll also find details about some of the special products, holiday sales and seasonal activities being offered by Ravenswood businesses throughout the end of the year.
Unwrap Ravenswood Rewards Program
The Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce will be offering a little extra incentive for shoppers to “shop small” over the holiday season. From Black Friday through Christmas Eve, the first 150 local shoppers that spend $300 between a minimum of 3 qualifying businesses will receive $75 in gift cards to local stores and restaurants.
Please see the program details and boundaries below:
Unwrap Ravenswood Program Rules
Dates: Friday, November 24th – Sunday, December 24th 2017
Boundaries: Clark St west to Leavitt, and Foster Ave south to Irving Park
- Holiday Shoppers that spend a total of $300 within the above boundaries on retail products, dining, gift certificates, or services will be eligible to receive a rebate of $75 in the form of 3 $25 gift cards to Ravenswood businesses.
- Shoppers must complete and send in a Holiday Shopper Rewards Form (found above) with qualifying receipts.
- Shoppers must collect receipts from a minimum of 3 businesses and deliver a copy of those receipts to the Chamber of Commerce once they spend the minimum of $300 collectively.
- A minimum of $25, before tax and gratuity, must be spent at a qualifying business for a receipt to be included in the total. A maximum of $100 can be utilized for groceries and/or liquor. Medications or memberships are not allowed to be included in total.
- Ineligible purchases include but are not limited to memberships, medication, legal or accounting services, postage, automobile repairs, business-to-business purchases and gasoline.
- Copies of receipts must be mailed to the Chamber of Commerce office (1770 W. Berteau Avenue, Suite 207 Chicago IL 60613) with a completed Shopper Rewards form.
- All copies of receipts should be submitted with a completed Shopper Rewards Form, including name, return address, phone number, email address and zip code.
- Rewards in the form of 3 $25 gift certificates to Ravenswood business will be distributed to the first 150 qualifying shoppers who submit a completed form. Limit one submission per household. Gift cards will be randomly selected.
- Copies of receipts and a completed form must be submitted by Friday, January 5, 2018.
- No gift receipts allowed. Receipts will not be returned.
Holiday Offers & Activities
We’ve scoured the neighborhood for the best sales, limited edition products, original gift ideas and holiday dining experiences. Below you’ll find details on amazing presents and special promotions right here in Ravenswood.
Give the gift of beer this holiday season! A great gift for the beer lover you know – the Community Supported Beer membership from Begyle Brewing! The CBS recipient will receive a growler a month for either 6 or 12 months. Click here for details.
Defy Mfg. Co. of Chicago hand-crafts bags and accessories. Take advantage of the following promo codes as you shop their website this holiday season: Black Friday: BLACK25 / Small Business Saturday: SMALL25 / Cyber Monday: CYBER25
Join us once again for the Dovetail Holiday Market! We’ll have 14+ artisans on hand in our Barrel Loft, so you can enjoy Dovetail beer while you find stocking stuffers for the ones you love. The Sausage König and Bruges Brothers will be on hand, too! RSVP
Hazel & Hazel Apparel
1902 + 1926 W Montrose
Both of Hazel’s locations will offer complimentary gift wrap for items purchased in store.
5121 N Ravenswood
Epicurious recently featured KOVAL Distillery on a list of their favorite bottles of booze to give as a gift for the holidays. Have a cocktail lover in your life? Writer Joe Sevier recommends a bottle of KOVAL dry gin, from right here on Malt Row. “If there’s a spirit that tastes more like the winter holidays than gin, I don’t know what it is… Unlike most gins, it’s distilled from a rye white whiskey base which KOVAL president Sonat Birnecker Hart says ‘adds a floral aroma and slight peppery taste.’ The mix is then infused with woodland spices, rose hips, and grains of paradise.” Yum. Sounds like a hell of a martini for New Year’s Eve. KOVAL’s dry gin, barreled gin and other fine spirits are available from their retail store on Ravenswood Ave.
Mata Traders is fueled by independent minded, fashionably adventurous women who want to make a statement- with both their wardrobe and their dollar. Made by artisans in India and Nepal who are paid a living wage, their handcrafted clothing and jewelry celebrate a women’s originality, connecting and empowering craftswoman and consumer. View all they have to offer here.
True to their name, Neighborly sources products from right here in the Midwest, or from independent artisans and eco-friendly producers as often as they can. They fill in the gaps with well-designed, yet affordable utilitarian goods – in the end, creating a one-of-a-kind collection. There’s sure to be something for everyone on your list at Neighborly!
Give the gift of home brewed coffee! Spoken offers a variety of specially curated gift baskets, like their French Press Brew Basket featuring almost entirely made-in-the-USA products and a french press with a brew stop on it to prevent from oversteeping your coffee! The set also includes a custom travel mug, kettle, scale, grinder, filters, and a $20 gift card for fresh coffee beans.
Sweet Sensations offers incredible pastries for all occasions, baked to order with the finest ingredients available. They’re the stop in Ravenswood for seasonal pies, cakes, cupcakes, candies, tarts and more. Let SSP cater your next party or event! Most of their items are available in smaller portions for catering orders and can be boxed or plated on disposable platters. Contact them online to place an order for the holidays.