GREATER RAVENSWOOD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE RECEIVES GRANT FROM CHICAGO FOUNDATION FOR WOMEN’S 100 DAY FUND
Gender Equality Grant Strengthens Ravenswood’s “Women Leaders in Business” Group
The Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce (GRCC) is proud to announce it is a recipient of a grant from the Chicago Foundation for Women’s 100 Day Fund, established to provide resources for creative grassroots approaches to engage more people on issues affecting women and girls in the Chicago region. GRCC will use the grant to support its 2nd annual Women Leaders in Business (WLiB) Roundtable on Tuesday, February 7, 2017.
This year’s Roundtable aims to foster meaningful relationships across generations of women leaders in the area through establishing common goals and by creating a shared vision for equality and success. The intention of this Roundtable discussion is to create a framework of goals for the group to build off throughout the year.
Opening remarks will be delivered by Bridget Gainer, County Board Commissioner for the 10th District, who is known for encouraging women of all backgrounds to engage in public dialogue and leadership and is expected to discuss her upcoming initiatives.
In 2015, Commissioner Gainer launched “Off The Sidelines Chicago,” a local version of New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand’s national organization “Off The Sidelines,” created to encourage more young women to turn their ideas into action. The new organization has quickly grown to over 2,500 members. Women and children have also been the emphasis of Gainer’s criminal justice reform efforts. She eliminated the practice of separating new mothers awaiting trial from their newborns, led the fight to ban shackling pregnant detainees during delivery, created the first citizen advisory board for the Juvenile Detention Center, and continues to lead the fight to reduce the number of non-violent offenders in County Jail.
Attendance to the GRCC Women Leaders in Business Roundtable is by invitation only. For more information, visit http://ravenswoodchicago.org or call 773-975-2088.
Past WLiB Events
- 9/27 Fall Networking Happy Hour at New Day NSA
- 5/18 Young Leader Meet-Up at Artifact Events
- 3/7 WLiB Field Trip: Black Ensemble Theater
- 2/7 WLiB Roundtable: Bridging Generations at Chicago’s Pizza
- 10/6 WLiB Anniversary Celebration at Artifact Events/Architectural Artifacts
- 9/13 How to Win Friends & Influence People: A Lunch n’ Learn w/ Dale Carnegie Training
- 6/15 Spring Networking Coffee at Krebs Financial
- 2/17 Women in the Workforce Roundtable at Roots Handmade Pizza
- 12/8 Winter Networking Coffee at Krebs Financial
- 10/20 WLiB Launch Party at Black Ensemble Theater