Packed with unique shops, delicious food, skilled artists and friendly people, Ravenswood is a delightful place to explore this holiday season for those seeking thoughtful, out of the ordinary gifts.
The Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce is encouraging everyone to support our neighborhood by shopping small on #SmallBizSat! From 1-2pm we’ll be at the Montrose Brown Line station handing out free canvas shopping bags and retail maps, as well as information about our holiday rewards program Unwrap Ravenswood, where shoppers can earn $75 in gift cards to local businesses.
Small Business Saturday Sales, Events & Promotions
Below you’ll find details on the best sales, promotions and events taking place around Ravenswood on Small Business Saturday.
Neighborly on Montrose offers charming home goods, gifts and artwork for the Modern Midwesterner. Join them between 12-5pm on Black Friday (11/24) for an in-store scavenger hunt! Find Santa Abe hidden throughout the store and redeem for gift cards ranging from $10-$100! Come back on Small Business Saturday from 10a-6p for their annual Made in Chicago sale and score of 15% off all locally-made products and gifts!
Clark St. businesses are teaming up for a weekend-long Holiday Market + Art Pop-Up that starts on Small Business Saturday! Stop by Sidewinder Gallery, The Guesthouse Hotel, StudioUs and Ridman’s Coffee and check out goods from local artists we love like Allison Mooney Design and Edgewater Candles. You’ll also be able to join in on group yoga lessons and the closing of “I don’t play house,” an exhibition of 10 emerging Chicago artists showcasing their latest work at Sidewinder. RSVP
Available only on Small Business Saturday, KOVAL Distillery will be offering a limited-edition whiskey gift pack including a bottle of either rye, bourbon or four-grain whiskey, a wooden KOVAL flask and one 8oz rocks glass. A $100 value, this set will be on sale for $75 at the distillery’s retail shop on Malt Row.
Hazel stocks a well edited selection of men’s and women’s apparel, jewelry, accessories, greeting cards, stationery, housewares, and fresh flowers. With an emphasis on exceptional design, modern & classic merchandise share shelf space to create a shopping environment that is, at the same time, familiar and fresh. Both of Hazel’s locations will offer complimentary gift wrap for items purchased in-store all weekend.
Life’s short. Be bold. Make statements. Be you. Shop small at Savvy Seconds! Not your Buffalo Exchange or Unique Thrift, Savvy is a one of a kind women’s resale boutique featuring name brands like name brands such as, but not limited to, Banana Republic, Anthropologie, JCrew, Tahari, Free People, Ann Taylor Loft, BCBG, Club Monaco, Gap, Steve Madden, Coach, designer jeans, and vintage. The boutique is extending hours to 10 PM and will be having fun sales and tasty alcoholic beverages. RSVP
Unwrap Ravenswood Rewards Program
The Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce will be offering a little extra incentive for shoppers to “shop small” over the holiday season. From Black Friday through Christmas Eve, the first 150 local shoppers that spend $300 between a minimum of 3 qualifying businesses will receive $75 in gift cards to local stores and restaurants.
Please see the program details and boundaries below:
Unwrap Ravenswood Program Rules
Dates: Friday, November 24th – Sunday, December 24th 2017
Boundaries: Clark St west to Leavitt, and Foster Ave south to Irving Park
- Holiday Shoppers that spend a total of $300 within the above boundaries on retail products, dining, gift certificates, or services will be eligible to receive a rebate of $75 in the form of 3 $25 gift cards to Ravenswood businesses.
- Shoppers must complete and send in a Holiday Shopper Rewards Form (found above) with qualifying receipts.
- Shoppers must collect receipts from a minimum of 3 businesses and deliver a copy of those receipts to the Chamber of Commerce once they spend the minimum of $300 collectively.
- A minimum of $25, before tax and gratuity, must be spent at a qualifying business for a receipt to be included in the total. A maximum of $100 can be utilized for groceries and/or liquor. Medications or memberships are not allowed to be included in total.
- Ineligible purchases include but are not limited to memberships, medication, legal or accounting services, postage, automobile repairs, business-to-business purchases and gasoline.
- Copies of receipts must be mailed to the Chamber of Commerce office (1770 W. Berteau Avenue, Suite 207 Chicago IL 60613) with a completed Shopper Rewards form.
- All copies of receipts should be submitted with a completed Shopper Rewards Form, including name, return address, phone number, email address and zip code.
- Rewards in the form of 3 $25 gift certificates to Ravenswood business will be distributed to the first 150 qualifying shoppers who submit a completed form. Limit one submission per household. Gift cards will be randomly selected.
- Copies of receipts and a completed form must be submitted by Friday, January 5, 2018.
- No gift receipts allowed. Receipts will not be returned.